Do you need to move soon? Transporting items was never easy especially when you have to move oversized items. How to deal with this relocation and handle it with ease? We all have large items such as furniture, dining table, beds, desks, etc. Learn how to do it simply and without injuries or damage to your items.
Move oversized items by yourself
If you want to move all your items by yourself, then you probably need some tips and tricks. Even if you are moving locally, oversized items are hard to move and carry around. Ask friends for help, because you won’t be able to do everything by yourself. 2 strong people should be enough, but it all depends on how big your items are.
Some of the tips that can help you with this process.
- Make a plan before taking any further step – take an inventory and you will know how big a moving truck you need. Figure out how to take an oversized item from a room, house and how to load it into a moving vehicle. The biggest and heaviest items go on first.
- Gather all the right equipment – try some great innovations out there for DIY relocations. Equipment you will if you want to move oversized items are moving straps, furniture sliders, and moving dollies. Of course, you will need other supplies for packing.
- Disassemble furniture – it is easier to move smaller pieces. So, break furniture down into its smallest parts which means taking away all removable pieces. Carefully protect each furniture item with an adequate type of wrapping material.
- Properly lift heavy items – because moving injuries are common, pay more attention to how you will lift your items. Oversized items are usually heavier. Bend at your knees, not your waist, and carry items close to your body. Don’t twist your body while you are lifting or carrying.
- Make a plan for unloading, too – how will you load all those big items from a moving vehicle and how to put them in your new home? Think about that too. Especially if a new house has stairs or narrow hallways. You should take all measurements before moving in. So, you won’t move items that cannot fit in.
Easiest solution – hire professional movers
If you don’t want to deal with moving large items, you can always hire a professional moving company to help you out with this task. They can move oversized items with ease and you can be focused on other moving-related tasks. Also, a reliable company with experience will have all the right supplies and equipment for packing and moving. If you want to move your piano, you must hire a moving company specialized in this type of relocation. Having knowledge is important. Moving injuries are quite possible, unfortunately. And it is vital to have assistance from people who have the skills, equipment, and experience with this kind of relocation. Better safe than sorry!