You have chosen Denver, CO as your new home. Moving from Canada to the USA is a big step in life and a big change. When moving long-distance, there are a lot of things to keep in mind, it is not only about moving and packing. It is much more. Finding a new home, transferring documents, adjusting after moving, etc. Being a foreigner is not easy, but having an expats’ guide to Denver will help you a lot.
One of the first steps to take when moving is to choose a location where you will live. Denver is not a small city. It has plenty of neighborhoods and the Denver metro area has a population of almost 3 million people.
Why Canadians are moving to Denver
Why people are moving from Canada to Denver and what are the pros of living here? You may hear it is one of the best places to live in the USA. It is true, and this is why:
- Denver is a young city, 80% of the population is not above 44. This is because many young professionals live here. Simply, the city is ruled by millennials. If you are going to live alone in Denver, don’t worry, you will find friends sooner as you think.
- People from Denver are active. After moving here, you will be too, probably. Going to the gym will be one of your daily activities. Parks are filled with runners and people practicing yoga. You will build your mental and physical strength after moving here.
- The economy is booming and one of the main options for moving here is a job market. Many companies are located here and the average salaries are high. If you want to work in agriculture, tech, or aerospace, Denver is a place for you, as a Canadian.
- The costs of living in Denver are affordable. Housing costs are the biggest one, but still, it is relatively less expensive. Prepare your budget, it is part of an expats’ guide to Denver in order to start a life here organized and stress-free.
- Denver is hosting all important sports events in the USA, such as football, hockey, basketball, and baseball league events.
However, moving to another country can cause a lot of stress. If you don’t have experience with driving a moving vehicle for a long period of time, it is highly recommended to hire Professional Movers Ottawa to do it for you. After all, you will have other obligations. Before and after moving as well. You don’t have to think about transportation. Hire a reliable moving company, experienced in long-distance relocation from CA to the USA, and you don’t need to worry.
Packing for moving from Canada to Denver
Start to pack as soon as possible, because this task may take you more time than you think. No matter where you will move in Denver, you cannot escape packing. The first step is to collect all the right packing supplies.
Have the best material first and make sure your items won’t be damaged during this long relocation. Get firm moving boxes, strong tape, air bubble foil, moving blankets, packing peanuts, etc. Especially pay attention to fragile and sensitive items.
Expats’ guide to Denver – where to live as a Canadian?
A part of every guide for expats, this expat’s guide to Denver also includes places you should consider as your new home. Examine what it’s like living in each of these highlighted areas and also, explore more.
- Washington Park – if you like to kayak and hike, this neighborhood is for you. Also, it is close to all the city’s actions and that why many younger people live here. The nightlife is amazing and it offers many entertainment options.
- Holly Hills – for people who want everything, good schools, safety, rich nightlife, affordable housing, Holly Hills is one of the options to consider. This is a great place for raising kids and it offers a rural feel where 97% own a home. Which also makes it a great place in Colorado for investing in real estate. Long-distance house hunting in Denver may be channeling but if you want to buy a home, Holly Hills is a place to explore.
- Littleton – a suburb with a population of almost 50,000. It is a place for young professionals because it is vibrant and active. The historic downtown is packed with local restaurants and shops.
- Cherry Creek – looking for shopping and dining? Creek gives off a luxurious elite vibe, But, also, has some of the best public schools in Colorado. They are highly rated.
- Superior – this is a small suburb that offers residents a sparse suburban feel. Based on ethnic and economic diversity, this suburb has a grade A.
Transporting items to Denver
After choosing your perfect neighborhood in Denver where to move to, hire professionals to take care of the transportation. If you have struggles with packing too, find help for tedious tasks. It is more complicated to pack things for the long-distance relocation.
Part of an expats’ guide to Denver is to choose where to move and to explore all your options. You should visit Denver before the final move if you are able. This metro area is huge and it has a lot to offer – it is one of the most popular spots in Colorado for newcomers. Where you will move to depend on many different factors. For example, where your office is, do you have kids, where to good schools are, what is your price range when it comes to paying rent, etc.